Table of Contents
What are 9 abdominal regions?
These planes divide the abdomen into nine regions:
- Right hypochondriac.
- Right lumbar (or flank)
- Right illiac.
- Hypogastric (or pubic)
- Left hypochondriac.
- Left lumbar (or flank)
What are the regions of the body?
The Anatomical Regions of the Body
- Head and neck. Cephalic (head) Cervical (neck) Cranial (skull) Frontal (forehead) Nasal (nose)
- Thorax. Axillary (armpit) Costal (ribs) Deltoid (shoulder) Mammary (breast) Pectoral (chest)
- Abdomen. Abdominal (abdomen) Gluteal (buttocks) Inguinal (bend of hip) Lumbar (lower back)
What are the 11 body regions?
Integumentary, skeletal, muscular, nervous, endocrine, digestive, respiratory, Circulatory, lymphatic, urinary, and reproductive systems .
What are the ten major body regions?
Ten major systems include the skeletal, muscular, nervous, endocrine, cardiovascular, lymphatic, respiratory, digestive, urinary, and the reproductive system.
How do you divide the 9 quadrants of the abdomen?
divided into 9 regions by two vertical and two horizontal imaginary planes….Surface anatomy
- right upper quadrant fossa (RUQ)
- right lower quadrant fossa (RLQ)
- left lower quadrant fossa (LLQ)
- left upper quadrant fossa (LUQ)
What are the main body regions?
Anatomical regions Each main area (head, neck, thorax, abdomen, upper, and lower extremities) are divided into several smaller regions that aid compartmentalization.
What are the 6 body regions?
Terms in this set (6)
- Hypochondriac region. upper left and right regions of the body, up underneath the cartlidge of the ribs.
- Epigastric region. region above the stomach.
- Lumbar region. right and left middle regions near the waist.
- Umbilical region. region of the navel or umbilicus.
- Inguinal region/ iliac.
- Hypogastric region.
What are the 12 parts of the body?
These different body systems include the skeletal, nervous, muscular, respiratory, endocrine, immune, cardiovascular/circulatory, urinary, integumentary, reproductive, and digestive systems.
What are the 14 systems of the body?
These 14 systems are the Musculoskeletal system; Organs of Special Sense (optical); Auditory; Infectious Diseases, Immune Disorders, and Nutritional Deficiencies; Respiratory system; Cardiovascular system; Digestive system; Genitourinary System; Hemic and Lymphatic system; Skin; Endocrine system; Neurological …
How many body parts are there?
According to anatomy studies , human body parts can be divided into nine different parts by position: the head, neck, chest, abdomen, pelvis, back, hip, extremity, and trunk. In our ontology, the nine anatomical positions are regarded as the top level.
What nine regions is the abdominal cavity divided into and where are they located?
In the upper abdomen, the right hypochondriac, epigastric, and left hypochondriac regions reside. In the middle abdomen are the right lumbar, umbilical, and left lumbar regions. In the lower abdomen, we have the right iliac fossa, hypogastric, and left iliac fossa regions.